Texas Laws & AttorneysWhen you drive a vehicle in Texas, you are responsible for following the rules and laws of the road. If you fail to follow theses laws you may find yourself being cited for violations of the law which can get you into a world of trouble. In fact, some traffic violations in Texas can result in a steep initial penalty, paying stiff penalties for three consecutive years, loss of your driving privileges and possibly a jail sentence. When you find yourself in the situation of facing a serious driving offense, it is advisable to hire a traffic lawyer in Texas that can help to reduce the conviction, your penalties and possible save you time in jail.
Texas DUI/DWI Laws and Attorneys
- In Texas being convicted of a DUI/DWI is a serious offense which is a criminal charge. The driver will face strict penalties, a suspension of their license and even a possible jail term. When you find yourself in a situation where you have been drinking, the best thing to do is not to get behind the wheel. Whether you feel that you are driving abilities are impaired or not, there are factors that can send your BAC over the legal limit, such as your body weight.
- If you are pulled over on suspicion of driving under the influence, if you refuse a breath or blood test, you will be arrested for a DUI/DWI and have your driving privileges revoked. You may find that the penalties you face are much more severe then if you were found guilty of being over the legal limit.
- DUI/DWI cases are extremely difficult to fight without a traffic attorney in Texas. The traffic attorney in Texas will represent you in the court room to ensure that you have the best possible advantages such as reducing the conviction, lowering your penalties, reducing your license suspension length and reducing or eliminating your jail term.
- Each time a motorist gets on the Texas highways and roads, they run the risk of being involved in a collision. When you are involved in a traffic accident you must know what to do when bodily injury results, whether the accident is due to your error or the other motorist’s. Personal injury pertains to drivers and is included in the standard liability requirements in Texas with minimum coverage required for personal injury of others in accidents caused by yourself. When involved in a personal injury accident whether the fault of yourself or someone else it is advisable to hire a personal injury attorney.
- Each Texas Department of Motor Vehicle office has the availability of a Texas Driver Handbook which is issued by the state. You can also obtain the Texas Driver Handbook online.
- If you are a commercial driver then you will want to obtain the Texas Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers Handbook which can be obtained online.