Disabled Parking

Most states offer removable placards for those with short-term or long-term disabilities, as well as license plates for those with long-term disabilities. Many states also offer special license plates for disabled veterans.

To apply for disability placards or license plates, you’ll be required to have a doctor or other approved medical professional complete part of your application to certify your disability. In some cases, you may have to pay a fee for your permit.

Where available, we’ve provided links to the forms and other materials you’ll need to complete your application. You’ll also find website, telephone, and mailing information to make your application process easier; and we let you know about fees for license plates and placards.


Choose your State to find out more: