VT Change AddressGetting a change of address in Vermont is required for different reasons:
- Moving from one address to another within same county in VT
- Moving from one address to another in another county in VT
- Moving to Vermont from another state or country
- Your right to drive
- Your driver’s documents
- Your vehicle documents
- Your mailing address for DMV materials, notices, and documents
Change Address with VT DMV
Changing your address with the DMV in Vermont is simple and takes just a few steps that can be completed in such a short time.
- Contact the VT DMV office to determine what options are available: fax, email, internet, mail, in-person.
- Determine the best method for you based on your schedule and convenience.
- Obtain change of address form from DMV – which may be available online.
- Complete the form entirely, adding new address.
- Complete change on driver’s license if applicable, as well as title and registration.
Your DMV address change must be completed within the appropriate amount of time, as you could receive fines or other penalties for not completing it in time. At the same time, you will have to worry about your documents being sent to the wrong address, which can cost you time and cause you a bit of stress. If you don’t change the address at all, you could result in losing driving privileges if you aren’t aware of renewals or situations that may involve your license.