VT Manuals & HandbooksDon’t ever prepare to get your first driver’s license without first studying your driver’s manual. This is the main driver’s publication from the DMV that offers all the answers to any question you could ask about driving in Vermont. It contains all subjects and topics pertinent to new and experienced drivers, ensuring that you are in full understanding of what you are getting into with your driver’s license.
There are also other forms and publications offered by the VT DMV, which include:
- DMV driver and vehicle service forms
- Vermont Bill of Sale
- Driver handbooks and manuals
- Motorcycle operator handbooks
- Vermont Vehicle Code
How to Get Vermont DMV Forms
You can obtain your DMV forms in VT in one of two ways. The internet has become a great resource for most DMV forms today, while all offices can provide you with the forms that you need. Depending on the county you are in, there are different forms provided at the correlating offices; such as driver’s licensing forms at the driver’s licensing center and vehicle service forms at the vehicle licensing centers.
Getting DMV forms online has become the most popular and convenient method that can take no time and be done right from the comfort of your computer chair or couch. If you wish to download the forms offered online, you can complete the following steps.
- Download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader if it is not already installed on your PC.
- Visit the VT DMV website and choose the forms that you need.
- Choose to download and save or print.
- Complete your form as indicated on the form.
- Submit in person or by mail if there is an address listed on the form offering the option.
The VT Bill of Sale is very useful in recording a vehicle sale for both parties involved. It is the one form that you can use besides the actual title for recording a sale took place, when, between whom, the price, and the vehicle’s make and model. There are different sources to receive this form from including:
- Auto clubs
- Automobile dealerships
- VT Notary publics
- DMV offices
- Online – with generic forms and kits also offered
All drivers are offered a specific manual that pertains to their licensing and vehicles. These handbooks are the ultimate source of all the information you will need to know as you take the written exam and get out on the road behind the wheel. This is the greatest source of study for your exam, and is offered for:
- Standard Drivers
- Commercial Drivers
- Motorcycle Operators
- RV and Trailer Operators
Vermont Vehicle Code
When it comes to all the laws and regulations pertaining to traffic and vehicle safety, the Vehicle Code of Vermont is the best source of information. You can get this publication in office or even online, with all legislations, laws, and driver and vehicle regulations that pertain to you.
- Photo licensing
- Oversized and overweight truck or trailer loads
- Temporary vehicle registration
- Ignition Interlock Devices for DUI drivers
- Antique and classic vehicles
- Customized vehicles
- Odometer disclosures