AL Defensive DrivingDefensive driving is a term that can be thought of as the ultimate super weapon against the several threats and risks that can present themselves on the road. Your initial intention in obtaining a driver’s license will include learning the basics of driving, the mechanics of driving, and the rules and regulations introduced to drivers. However, that is not the extent of learning to drive that is possible.
Defensive driving courses in AL provide drivers with a great method of learning those mechanics, maneuvers, and decisions that go well beyond that of basic driving – going further into the various elements of driving on the road when you are not alone. Expecting the unexpected and the mistakes of others is essential to defensive driving – so, you can think of it as driving with a defensive approach.
- Mistakes and misjudgments of other drivers
- Unexpected driving hazards and situations
- Weather changes or events on road
- Poor driving of others
- Reckless driving of others
Defensive Driving Courses in ALABAMA
There are different reasons that may cause you to enroll in ALABAMA defensive driving courses.
- Court order due to traffic offense
- Retraining for position or employment
- Seeking more training in driving for a lower insurance rate
- Seeking an increase in driver safety
The true benefits of defensive driving are many:
- Reduce points on DMV record
- Reduce insurance rates
- Eliminate points for an offense
- Avoid fines and other penalties for traffic offense
- Learn greater skills that assist in keeping you safer behind the wheel