AL Address ChangeMoving to any new place is a great shift in not only your scenery, but your responsibilities as well. There are several different tasks that you must complete as you enter your new area, with a move to ALABAMA no different. There are several steps that you will take as you reach AL, starting with the simple address change with the postal office and the ALABAMA DMV office to ensure that your driving privileges are transferred over and that your documents are sent to the right address.
You must be sure to complete your AL address change promptly as there is a time limit that you must adhere to, with penalties possible if you ignore this limit.
Change Your ALABAMA Address OnlineChanging your address in AL online is a simple task that you can do within only minutes. If you want to save a lot of time and a visit that you don’t want to go through within the DMV office, you can simply log on to the internet and get the change underway through the state’s own resources.
- Contact your new county DMV office to see if there is an internet portal offered for changing your address or what alternatives are offered.
- Visit the website appropriate and begin following the online directions on-screen, which will take you step by step through the process.
- Complete the address change and follow through with transferring your documents to ALABAMA.
Changing Your AL Address by MailYou also have the option to change your address with the ALABAMA DMV through the mail, which can be just as simple of a task. There are address change forms offered by the DMV to ensure that you are able to complete this request by mail – which is going to be the same form that you use in office.
- Obtain your AL DMV Change of Address form.
- Complete the form and mail to the address indicated on the form or provided by the DMV.