Alabama Vehicle RegistrationThere’s no better place to find Alabama vehicle registration information and forms -- 4DMV.com is your portal for all DMV-related needs.
Are you anxious to drive around Alabama in that new car of yours? Then you are ready to find all of the information and forms you need for your vehicle registration. 4DMV.com has everything you need for you to register your automobile or truck. For other type vehicles, visit our special vehicle registration section.
AL First Time Vehicle Registration
- Have you just moved to the state of Alabama?
- Have you just purchased your vehicle?
- Do you have a vehicle that was inherited by you?
- Do you have a vehicle that was gifted to you?
- Do you have a vehicle you’ve never registered before?
InsuranceInsurance is a requirement for all vehicle owners. 4DMV.com’s comprehensive online Insurance Center can provide you with state-specific information to help you obtain the best insurance rates possible.
Getting Your Vehicle Registration Paperwork TogetherTitling and vehicle registration should be handled by the dealer if you purchased your vehicle from a dealership. All others will need the following to complete the process themselves:
- Vehicle title.
- A notarized Bill of Sale.
- Form MVT 5-6 - This is only necessary if you have inherited the vehicle and are completing your vehicle registration after the original owner’s death.
- Proof of insurance.
- Proof of identity.
Calculate Vehicle Registration FeesThe vehicle registration fee is $23 for each vehicle registered. Some vehicle owners may be subject to prorated amounts.
Vehicle owners who don’t complete the vehicle registration process on time may be subject to a $15 penalty fee. Local fees of $5 or more and a $1.25 fee will be charged to all vehicle owners that hold a tag and would like to transfer it to their new vehicle.